Frequently Asked Questions
ASI’S SPRAY & SHINE-WATERLESS CAR WASH AND WAX-F.A.Q.
1. WHY SHOULD YOU USE ASI'S SPRAY & SHINE?
- Save Money. On average, you will use only a few ounces of ASI's Waterless Car Wash & Wax, which only costs you about two dollars a wash. A real savings in comparison to a traditional car wash. Also, Spray & Shine leaves a slick coat of carnauba wax that helps reduce the ability of dirt and grime to stick to your car.
- Save Time. Spray & Shine allows you to clean and polish your vehicle without water and car without high-pressure buffing! There is no need to get a bucket, hose, soaps and polishes. As you clean your vehicle, our Spray & Shine applies a coat of wax leaving a show room shine.
- Ease of Use. All you have to do is spray and wipe off. There is no need for additional products. Works on glass, paint, chrome and any other hard non-porous surface, including jewelry. Protect your investment, whether you own a classic, sports car or a family minivan. Spray & Shine will help protect your vehicle from everyday harsh elements and help you retain the value of your investment.
- The Environment. We take care to make sure that our products are safe for you and the environment.
2. IS ASI'S SPRAY & SHINE SAFE FOR USE ON CLEAR COATS?
- Yes. Spray & Shine has been tested on everything from older acrylic lacquers to modern high-gloss acrylic urethane and polyurethane paints. When properly applied, Spray & Shine is safe to use on all hard, non-porous surfaces.
ALL PURPOSE DEGREASER-F.A.Q.
1. IS ASI’S ALL-PURPOSE DEGREASER SAFE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
- Yes. ASI’s All-Purpose Degreaser is non-toxic, earth friendly and is designed for professionals and conscientious car owners that need a powerful degreaser. ASI’s All-Purpose Degreaser does not require any special handling precautions. Consumers know that they are taking care of the environment as well as their car.
2. HOW DOES ASI-ALL PURPOSE DEGREASER WORK?
- ASI-All Purpose Degreaser cuts through ground in grease, dirt, road grime and tar. The proprietary formula saves time on tough cleaning jobs by penetrating fast and eliminating the need for extra scrubbing. The industrial strength formula dissolves grease and oil on contact for quick results.
3. WHAT SURFACES CAN ASI-ALL PURPOSE DEGREASER BE USED ON?
- ASI All-Purpose Degreaser is great on asphalt, driveways, boats, cars, trucks, motorcycles, concrete, vinyl, upholstery and other areas where oil stains are prevalent.
FLAT FREE TIRE SEALANT-F.A.Q.
WHAT IS FLAT FREE?
- Flat Free is a chemical product that, when installed inside a tire, will provide full time protection against air loss for the legal life of the tire, as well as extend the life of the tire by maintaining proper inflation and preventing under inflation.
HOW DOES FLAT FREE SEAL A HOLE IN THE TREAD OF THE TIRE?
- Flat Free is drawn to the area of the escaping air. As the tire rotates and strikes the surface of the road, the hole is stretched open and the polyethylene chips and other fibers enter the cavity. The fibers wrap around the polyethylene particles and form a permanent and flexible plug, similar to the action of a beaver dam.
HOW DOES FLAT FREE PREVENT RIM AND BEAD LEAKS?
- The escape of high pressure air from the tire into the atmosphere draws fibers and particles to the area of the escaping air. The leak is thus located and sealed.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF FLAT FREE?
- The shelf life of Flat Free is practically indefinite as long as the container is closed and no evaporation occurs.
DOES FLAT FREE REACT CHEMICALLY WITH THE RUBBER TIRE?
- Not at all. Flat Free is chemically inert.
IS FLAT FREE AFFECTED BY EXTREME TEMPERATURES?
- Flat Free has been tested to -35° F. (maximum testing ability of laboratory) and has not frozen. This is 67° below the freezing point of water. Furthermore, the tire sealant remains in a stable condition in heat so extreme, the tire itself will disintegrate.
WILL FLAT FREE RUST THE RIM OF THE TIRE?
- Not at all. Flat Free contains anti-corrosive agents to prevent corrosion from occurring, as well as to deal with any corrosion on the tire prior to installation.
DOES FLAT FREE RUN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE TIRE WHEN THE TIRE IS NOT IN MOTION?
- No! Flat Free contains specially selected compounds which prevent this from happening. The sealant remains in place covering the interior of the tread at all times. If the tire is not new, up to 10% more product can be added.
CAN FLAT FREE BE USED IN A TUBE TIRE?
- Yes. However, it is vital to remove the penetrating object. Failure to do so will result in the object flexing in the tire and shredding the tube until it is destroyed. Although we can't guarantee the sealant to always permanently seal a puncture due to the condition of the tube, we do guarantee that as long as the tire is in motion, you will reach your destination, and then, should some damage have occurred to the tube, it may lose air.
WILL FLAT FREE SEAL A PUNCTURE IN THE SIDEWALLS OF THE TIRE?
- No. There is too much flexing in the sidewalls and a temporary plug would be a safety factor.
WILL FLAT FREE DRY OUT IN THE TIRE?
- No! Flat Free will always stay in the same condition as it was when it was inserted into the tire because the tire is a closed container and no evaporation of the liquid can occur.
WHO ARE SOME OF THE USERS OF FLAT FREE?
- Users are many and varied. They include: construction companies, police forces, municipalities, golf courses, pallet manufacturers, truck fleets, airports, quarries, industry, utilities, RV manufacturers, new car dealers, used car dealers and more.
CAN FLAT FREE BE USED IN HEAVY-DUTY EQUIPMENT?
- Yes. Flat Free is designed for use in any pneumatic tire. For tires requiring an extra amount of protection, such as those on construction equipment, or tires used in rugged off-road environments, we have an industrial formulation.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED TO INSTALL FLAT FREE?
The tools needed for Bottle or 5-Gallon are:
- Valve core remover
- Tire pressure gauge
- Source of air
- A Manual Hand Pump
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FLAT FREE AND OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS?
- Other liquid sealants are either paste, solvent, gel or water-based, which consequently dry out at low temperatures. Many of the liquid tire sealants congeal, which can cause balancing problems and alteration of the rubber composition. That, in turn, shortens the life of the tire.
- Flat Free is Glycol based and will not break down or dry up inside the tire. Flat Free, if properly installed, will not affect tire balance.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FLAT FREE AND OTHER PRODUCTS SOLD IN AEROSOL CANS?
- Aerosol products treat tires only after a puncture has occurred. Even then, they offer no more than a temporary seal. The tire will still have to be taken to a repair shop, where it will be broken down, the seal removed, the puncture patched and the tire remounted, all at the customer's expense. If the flat tire resulted in damage to the rim or sidewalls, costs of repair will be even higher. In respect to safety hazard, aerosol products are usually highly flammable. Flat Free is a preventative installed before the fact, and is nonflammable.
IS FLAT FREE HAZARDOUS?
- No. Flat Free is environmentally friendly, non-hazardous, and non-flammable. It even meets the requirements of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65)
HOW DOES FLAT FREE AFFECT THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY?
- Flat Free will not affect the Tire Manufacturer's Warranty.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF FLAT FREE ON THE TIRES?
- Flat Free extends the life of the tire. Being a Glycol based product, it protects the tire from excessive heat, prevents porosity, dry rot, and bead and rim leaks.
DOES FLAT FREE EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE TIRE? IN WHAT WAY AND WHY? HOW DOES IT PERFORM?
- After application, Flat Free remains liquid for the life of the tire and rim installation. As the tire rotates, centrifugal force spreads the solution evenly over the tread area of the tire. When any puncture occurs, thousands of interlocking fibers seal the opening and prevent any loss of air. This process is repeated each time a puncture occurs.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL FLAT FREE AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- Flat Free tire life extender is installed quickly and easily through the valve stem (average installation time is just minutes per tire). We have detailed instructions on how to install Flat Free from 5 gallon pails to 8oz bottles.
CAN FLAT FREE BE USED ONLY IN NEW OR ALSO IN USED TIRES?
- Both. However, if the tires are used, you should add approximately one more ounce of Flat Free than the chart indicates. Due to open pores of the used tire, some of the Flat Free will be absorbed into the tire.
HOW MANY DIFFERENT SIZES AND CONTAINERS ARE USED FOR THE MARKETING OF FLAT FREE?
- Flat Free comes in 8-ounce Bottles, 16oz. Bottles, 5 Gallon Containers, and 55 Gallon Containers
IS FLAT FREE A REGISTERED TRADEMARK?
- Yes. Flat Free is a registered trademark, registered to ASI Chemical, Inc. Lake Wales, Florida.
HOW MANY PUNCTURES WILL A MEASURED DOSE SEAL?
- This cannot be pre-determined as size of opening, air pressure, tire surface area and where the puncture occurs in relation to rotation will vary the results.
in the USA
We’re very proud of the fact that all ASI products are produced the USA. Our 40,000 sq. foot facility in Central Florida has the capacity to produce 50,000 bottles of product daily; that includes bottling, labeling, capping and sealing.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled.